pin it button

Monday, October 17, 2016

Scrapbooking is More Than a Hobby and a Christmas Layout


So many people think that scrapbooking is just a fun hobby, and it is that, but to me it's SO MUCH MORE! It is a way to document not only photos, but thoughts and memories and feelings.  These pages that I create are hopefully leaving a legacy of not only memories, but of who I am.

This page is an example of a page that is more than just a photo. It's a page that shares a little bit of my heart.  I was grateful for the October Stamp of the Month, which added the perfect accents and title to my page.  You can also see a list of all of the products I have used on this layout, as well as photos and links to them for your convenience, at the very end of this post.

One technique I used on this layout was cutting my stamps.  There is a sentiment stamp in this set that says, "Let the magic of Christmas warm your heart."  You can see the set below with this sentiment stamp circled.  I wanted to replace the Christmas word on the stamp with our oh-so-cute "Christmas" thin cut for my title. So, I just took my scissors and carefully cut "Christmas" out (so that sentiment stamp was now in three pieces) and then used the remaining words to create my title with the "Christmas" thin cut (cut from White Daisy Cardstock) inserted.  Easy, peasy and it doesn't ruin your stamps. I can still put the whole sentiment on a block together, just like it was meant to be, any time I want to, or continue to use it in pieces. Cutting your stamps is a GREAT way to make them more versatile!




Here is a little collage of some of the details of this layout:


This stamp set is only available in October, and can be yours for only $5 ($12.95 savings) with each $50 you order (before shipping and tax). Order $100, get 2...and so on.  When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before checking out. 






2 comments:

Rachele Funk said...

So very true Karen. You are leaving a wonderful legacy of a wonderful life. You're family and this who know you are very blessed by your wonderful example.

Rachele Funk said...

So very true Karen. You are leaving a wonderful legacy of a wonderful life. You're family and this who know you are very blessed by your wonderful example.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails