pin it button

Monday, October 3, 2016

Christmas Love Card with Artwork Tips


Everyone needs a little Christmas love, right? I am so glad that the October Stamp of the Month is a set that is perfect for getting things done ahead of time for the holidays.  I've been busy creating cards and tags and even layouts with this set already.  I've included a full products used list at the end of this post for your convenience, complete with photos and links to those products on my website.


This set is only available in October, and is yours for only $5 ($12.95 savings) with every $50 you order (before shipping and tax).  Order $100, get 2...and so on. When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before checking out.

Here are a few quick artwork tips from this card:
  • Use your Shin Han markers to color your Clear Sparkles to make them any color you'd like. I used the Carmine Marker on my sparkles to put the red centers in the poinsettias in the middle of the stars. I colored them right on the plastic sheet they came on, let them dry for about a minute, then put them right onto my card. Perfect red sparkles!
  • Don't be afraid to use watercolor paints in small doses. I mixed the light blue and light grey colors to get the perfect Glacier blue paint for my poinsettias. They were the only thing I painted. It tied the Glacier Cardstock at the bottom panel of the card into the top of the card.  I like the balance!
  • Don't be afraid to cut your stamps apart. The "Christmas" you see that I embossed above my Thin Cut "love" is part of a stamp in the set that says, "Let the magic of Christmas warm your heart."  I just cut the word Christmas out and put it on a block and stamped and embossed that word by itself. I can now use it by itself, or with the sentiment it belongs with. Cool beans!
I'm pretty excited that I am already getting Christmas projects done. You can too by getting the October Stamp of the Month!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

What a STUNNING card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails