I don't know how almost a week has gotten away from me since my last post. I had planned to post some artwork with the Creating Kindness kit last Friday and totally spaced it. As a result, today you get a post filled with DOUBLE THE FUN! I'll be sharing some September Stamp of the Month artwork as well as some Creating Kindness artwork.
Let's do the September Stamp of the Month artwork first. The card you see at the top of the post is something I put together using this beautiful stamp set. I've also included a full products used list at the end of this post, that includes everything I used on this card as well as the Creating Kindness artwork later in this post. The list is complete with photos and links for your convenience.
A few quick artwork tips from this card:
- I stamped the pumpkin in Goldrush ink then shaded on top of that with a rusty orange and a tan pencil from our Watercolor Pencils set.
- To get the 'splatters' on the card, I just used my black memento pad, squeezed some ink in the top of the lid by pressing it down on the ink pad with the lid closed. I then opened the lid and used it for my 'pallet.' I added a bit of water and then used a medium paint brush to pick up some of the slightly watery black ink. I then held that over my card base and just lightly tapped on the paint brush to create the splatters. Be sure to let that dry before stamping and putting things together so you don't smudge those cute splatters.
- To line up the "Thankfuls", just lay a ruler across your card and stamp the first row right above it. Then, for the second row, just use the first row as your guide and stamp each word centered between the words on the first row for visual interest.
This gorgeous stamp set is only available in September and is yours for only $5 ($12.95 savings) with every $50 you order (before shipping and tax). Spend $100, get 2...and so on. When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before checking out.
Now let's move on to the Creating Kindness artwork I promised. I'll share some artwork, then remind you of the Creating Kindess special (ends September 30, or while supplies last...whichever comes first) and how it works.
To color in my stamped images, I used watercolor pencils (without water). I love how soft and seamlessly they blend!
As you can see below, the kit comes with pre-printed 3"x 3" card bases. I did one 3" x 3" card and then used a couple more of the bases as patterned paper on the bookmark and the standard card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4"). You see some of the Glacier polka dot bases on these projects, but there are are also Willow striped bases, Raspberry striped bases and Pansy polka dot bases as well. You can see them all below, as well as seeing some artwork I did with the Raspberry bases here and here.
We are celebrating National Stamping Month this September with hand stamped cards designed to help create a little more kindness in the world.The Create Kindness card kit contains all of the supplies needed to create 24 beautiful, handmade 3" x 3" cards that you can use to brighten someone’s day!
Great uses for these cards include (I'll be posting artwork ideas for many of these suggestions throughout the month):
- gift enclosure cards
- RAK cards. Carry them in your purse and give them to anyone who brightens your day. How about a card to your hair stylist just saying thanks for always doing a great job, or to your bank teller for always being kind and outgoing, etc, etc.
- Turn them into bag toppers for a little bag of treats
- Don't fold them and turn them into darling book marks.
- Use the card bases as patterend paper on layouts and full-size cards and stamp those cute stamps just about anywhere.
- Color your stamped images in with markers, watercolor paints, or even colored pencils. The possibilities are endless!
Thanks to the pre-printed card bases, these cards come together in no time, leaving you more time to do something thoughtful for someone! Watch the hashtag #createkindness on Instagram and Facebook to see what acts of kindness these little cards are inspiring, and join the conversation by posting some pictures of your own!
- 24 pre-printed card bases with envelopes
- 8 exclusive M-size stamp sets
- a 2″ × 2″ My Acrylix® block
- an Archival Black mini pigment ink pad
- all packed snugly in the My Acrylix® Mini Stamp Organizer
If you don't want the whole kit, but just a few of the components and/or stamp sets, click here to see the items from the kit you can buy individually.