Monday, May 22, 2017
The more I play with the May Stamp of the Month, the more ways I am finding to use it. I thought it was fun to cut the letters out and stack them. I also really liked using the flowers to take the place of the "O" in LOVE. I felt pretty clever. Maybe you thought of that right away. If you did, don't tell me. I like feeling clever. 😉
This fun stamp set is only available during May, and can be yours for only $5 with every $50 you purchase (before shipping and tax). Order $100, get 2...and so on. When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before checking out.
I think my favorite way to color in the flowers and letters in this set is with our alcohol Shin Han Markers. They are so bright and vibrant, have a thin tip and a thick tip, and they blend so beautifully.
I also, after coloring in my letters and flowers, went back with the Clear Shimmer Brush and added a bit of shimmer to the flowers. It's hard to see in the photo (although you can see it pretty well on the big flowers I used for the "O"), but I promise it's divine!
Also, I had some cute white enamel dots, but I really wanted them to be the same pink as the marker that I used for much of my coloring, so.....I just colored my dots with my marker. Did you know you could do that? Color rhinestone and enamel accents with alcohol markers? Well, you can! Does that count as clever too? I hope so!
Friday, May 19, 2017
Yep, I said FREE! When you sign up to be a Close To My Heart Consultant this month (during May), you get the Live Beautifully Five Layout Kit (five 2-page 12" x 12" layouts...see above) in your New Consultant Kit absolutely FREE! You only spend $75 to sign up, and with that $75, you get over $200 in products, including a $50 select product credit to use on products of your choice.
Since the Live Beautifully Scrapbooking Kit is priced at $44.95 and you get it FREE, when you add up the numbers, you spend $75 to sign up, and get close to $250 in value for that. WOW!
Not only that, when you are a Close To My Heart Consultant you make a generous commission on anything you sell, PLUS a GREAT discount on anything you purchase for yourself. It's a win/win. In fact, I always say that with those perks, EVERYONE should be a Consultant!
If you'd like to sign up, and join my Close To My Heart team, click here. You'll also see what comes in your New Consultant Kit there. Easy, peasy! I'll get an email from CTMH as soon as you are approved, and I'll be in touch to help you get started.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Doesn't this card just make you want to be on a beach somewhere, laying back in a lounge chair, book in hand, with the ocean breeze blowing through your hair? It certainly does me, especially since we got SNOW, (yes, I said SNOW) here in Utah last night. Snow on May 17? Bah humbug! Good thing I have this card to look at, then close my eyes and be transported to my favorite beach spot!
All of the products I used to create this card can be found in the brand new Expressions 2 publication. Want one? All you need to do is go to my website, place an order (be sure to see the May Specials here, as well as checking out the products I've used on this card at the bottom of this post...complete with photos and links. That will give you lots of awesome purchase ideas!), and you'll be given the option to add one for FREE to your order. In the meantime, you can see it page-by-beautiful-page right here.
Here's a little close up of the card.You can see that I've used some Thin 3D Foam Tape to pop up my beach umbrella. Doesn't that add some fun texture and visual interest to the card? I think so!
I hope you enjoyed this fun card. I'm off to close my eyes and imagine myself on a beach. Brrrr!
Monday, May 15, 2017
Do you have people you LOVE that would LOVE to receive a card like this? If your answer was, "Yes," then you're in luck because....
1. This beautiful stamp set (Live, Love, Laugh) is available only in May, and can be yours for only $5 with every $50 you purchase (before shipping and tax). Order $100, get 2...and so on. When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before checking out.
2. I have decided to include paper measurements for you, quick instructions, and a list of all of the products I used (see the very end of this post for that, complete with photos and links to each of those products). I've even created a fun little sketch of it for you. I'd love to hear from you with a photo of your card if you use the sketch. It would be so much fun for me to see your creations!
- Card size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
- White Daisy Cardstock: 4" x 2 1/4", 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" (to stamp flower on), 4" x 1/2" (scalloped on one long side)
- Blue Striped Piece: 4" x 2 1/2" (I used a piece of paper from the Little Dreamer Paper Packet)
- Pink Heart Strip: 4" x 1/2" (I actually used the zip strip from the top of the cloud paper in the Little Dreamer Paper Packet)
- Using your Black Memento Pad, stamp "LOVE" on the 4" x 2 1/4" White Daisy Cardstock piece. Then stamp the loopy flower on the 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" White Daisy Cardstock pice. Let dry for a few minutes, then color in with Tender Pink, Turquoise Blue and Leaf Green Shin Han Markers.
- Adhere "LOVE" piece 1/8" from bottom of card and equidistant from each side of the card.
- Adhere Blue Striped Piece 1/8" from top of card and equadistant from each side of the card.
- Using a scallop punch or scalloped scissors, scallop one long side of the 4" x 1/2" White Daisy piece. Adhere this peeking out from underside of the 4" x 1/2" Pink Heart Strip. Adhere this to card at the top edge of the LOVE piece.
- Cut out loopy flower (leaving a small white border) and, using 3D Foam Tape, adhere to the card along the Pink Heart Strip, about even with left side of card.
- Add a small White Dot to the center of the loopy flower.
Enjoy the sketch! Again, I'd love it if you contacted me with a photo of your creations if you use the sketch. I'd love to see what you come up with!